Thursday, March 12, 2009

Carousel Horse

A few people have asked me about the art that I used for my Bookmark Art post, (see Feb. 23) so I thought I would include the whole image here.
You can see now how the small sample for the bookmark gives the viewer just a glimpse of the original piece.
I donated the original to our local PBS station for their annual auction, but before I did, I made several reproductions from digital images. I usually make 11 x 14 inch matted prints available for sale as well as note cards - and of course, the bookmarks that I give away for free.
This was done with colored pencils on Stonehenge paper.

3 comments:

  1. Diann,
    I love this piece. Thanks for showing us how you used it for your bookmarks. I've just started working with colored pencils again after several years, and I think I need to learn it all over again. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful drawing. It looks like an old fashioned book ilustration. How generous of you to donate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Loved the bookmark crop too ...

    ReplyDelete